Wednesday, July 6, 2011


Ok, so I had absolutely no intention of posting today...zero, zilch, nada BUT then I saw this a-m-a-z-i-n-g house on Modernist Australia and before I knew it I was saving pics and typing in my Blogger password!

look at those blue tiles!

I love this house! If I had $750 000 in my back pocket I'd be moving in instead of typing this!

The real estate blurb about this gorgeous gorgeous house says this
original 50's home (grand in in its day) waiting to be restored or a block of land with duplex potential at the top of the golf course
What do they mean, grand in its day?
Huh?

The kicker is the bit about the block of land with duplex potential...it would be so sad if this house was demolished...it's sitting on a primo piece of real estate so sadly this will probably be the case...sigh. I so hope someone lovely buys it and keeps it to live in. 

Check out the kitchen:


perfection!


 the tiles in the bathroom:


the study:


and a corner of one of the living rooms:


I know modernist architecture isn't everyones cup of tea, but it's certainly mine. What do you think? Do you like this house too? Do you think it would it be a shame to knock this down and replace it with a couple of Mc Mansions? Or not? (it's totally o.k. if you do...I'm about to climb down from my soap box!)

Thanks for reading...the house is in Yokine if you're interested. All pics are from Reiwa.com...where you can find more to look at if you're interested...maybe someone out there with the readies reads my little blog...fingers crossed.

On a completely unrelated note, I have the loveliest followers and I think you are all terrific. Really.

x
 

18 comments:

  1. Okay, If I win lotto on the 16th I will buy it as I love it. Check out this one, I think it is Dianella :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that kitchen is huge its like the size of my whole downstairs in that one room ;-)) And i love the pink bathroom. What a gorgeous home fingers crossed a lovely family bring it back to life again, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous!
    Hehe, love the koala teatowel, 1979 is my birthyear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back Kylie!!!!
    I love this style of house, with all those windows you'd really feel the garden was another room in the house. And imagine how many teatowels you could stored in the millions of cupboards in that vast kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like looking at that house. I like it's clean lines. I like the simplicity and crispness of it. I also like the feeling of nostalgia and happy childhood memories it brings.

    I don't think I could live in it though. I am too messy and eclectic and I love a bit of rosy kitsch.

    But to have just one room, done in that mid-century style, would be wonderful. It would be like walking into a calm haven, after the chaos of the rest of my house.

    It would be a great pity indeed, if it were demolished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree with Max, what's not to love about a kitchen with so many tea towel drawers!!!.. and thanks for the TT ending♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not my style at all but Id hate to see it knocked down as its nice in its own way.I am more of a country farm house with attic and barns and lots of acres type of gal.Hope you win the lotto xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an amazing piece of 50s. There are elements of it that I like, well, one element anyway, the bathroom floor is cool. Not my cup of tea though. I prefer very modern or Victorian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could move there and move in! The study! The living room corner with built in shelves! I love every inch of this exactly as it is :) !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow would you look at that kitchen! I love kitchens that are big enough to fit a decent sized dining table in. My mum would say that its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not my cup of tea to live in but I do appreciate the aesthetic, the bathroom is lightyears ahead of it's time with the semi enclosed shower, love the tiling too!! What a generous kitchen too and best of all; full of light!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep the house! It would be a great homage to move in and decorate it in a 50s and 60s retro, vintage style. I see granny crochet blankets and Spanish dolls. I wander if they can export it to the UK?

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, as my 12 year old would say. I would love to have that house. The first thing I would do would be to lie down in the middle of the house and roll around in all that light.

    The thought of it being knocked down for a duplex is just depressing. So I won't think about but, instead, imagine all the things that could be down to revive it. Much better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love it too. and i wouldnt change a thing inside...the bathroom is a little odd but i think i could go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am going to argue in favour of your notion that it's a great Modernist home! So many homes from the mid century are being sold off and demolished in favour of new homes. I really love the details of the home and wouldn't it be great if we could just buy these places up and have a Modernist meeting place in each State and Territory! Thanks for the post, keep up the good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i also forgot to mention....I love the bathroom tiles!

    ReplyDelete