Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Have a quick look at these lovely little vintage aprons I found last week

sweet aren't they...

Here's a closer look


those dear little embroided peg dollies on the top one, it was an awwww moment when I saw them...

I like the "tattoo" rose too

And I did a little happy dance when I found the original tag still attached to the bottom one, see...


I have never seen a peg apron before, have you? I can't believe housewives actually wore these, although I suppose they would come in handy...we use Lucy Violet's peg tin...my husband insisted on bringing it back from Melbourne


I'm glad he did because it really is the most useful thing...
and we still use Lucy's wooden pegs to hang out our washing...
don't you think that's nice...

No washing on the line today though...it's too wet x

Just a tea towel to end...


not a very old one, but because this is the place where Lucy and Tom decided to build their little weatherboard cottage and where they lived for many, many years, I thought it would be o.k. to include it.

x

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kylie. Those aprons are adorable and no, I've never seen a peg apron before. Love the way you've displayed them on the hangety drier thingy (oops, sorry forgotten what they're called!). Love LVV's peg tin too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kylie what a score and with tags still on...lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those aprons are the cutest and yep have seen peg aprons before.Imagine wearing them.YOu must do a posey post with it on. I used to always take the pegs off th line have gotten lazy in my older age lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Peg Aprons are wonderful... especially the Peg Dolly one♥♥ Yes a peg apron was a very handy thing, but I love your Tin. Mum had one like that, I left it behind at her house. Love the Teatowel too, we take our little Lucy up to the Dandys quite a lot in the school hols. always lots to do up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I often wear a peg apron...my best one disintegrated as I would always leave it on the line....wooden pegs finally went as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The peg aprons are so cute,my poor pegs get shoved in a plastic box to survive all seasons
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the aprons - lovely embroidery!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. The aprons are very dear - sweet embroidery - and lovely old peg tin too.

    But what I've also just spied, elsewhere - and it is so very very lovely - is the dress you've had made by Naughty Shorts. It is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive never seen a peg apron and you got two! They are fabulous just love them. I also love Lucy vi's peg tin, in the words of my nan "they dont make them like they used to" and they were obviously made to last (all the better for us thrifty vintage loving chicks). Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a peg apron (believe it or not) in the 1980's. It was candy striped (pink and white). I didn't always wear it but often tied the 'strings' in a bow on the washing line and left it there. I'm not sure what happened to it now. These days I have a handy little basket that hooks onto the line instead. The detail on yours is lovely - Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I did! Thank you very very much!! I cannot wait to see what you've put on sale in your shop! I may be in big trouble considering that I wish I owned so many of the pretty things you feature on your blog! :)

    Those little aprons are the cutest! and one even with the original tag. What a score!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a peg apron, but it got used so much it fell apart. I must try and find a pattern online to make a new one as I currently have my pegs in a plastic box and if I don't put them away the dogs think it is a new toy to play with when I am at work LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love them!! So pretty! I have a few, more 70's graphic ones that The Munchkin and I use for harvesting lemons etc, and my lovely friend just gave me one she had upcycled from an apron and tablecloth - soooo handy to have my dolly pegs on me while hanging out the washing. Nanna's had it sorted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those aprons are super cute!! I wear a peg apron and find it so much easier :)

    x

    ReplyDelete