Saturday, January 29, 2011

Today I was lucky enough to chance upon a lovely local garage sale. The little old lady who lived in the house all her married life was packing up to move in with her family (it made me happy to know that she wasn't moving into a nursing home).
Although I got there a little bit late there was still some lovely treasure waiting for me and every time I asked the old lady how much something was she said 2 dollars...later on when I was in the garden I found a beautiful old concrete pot (I collect these and they are getting harder to find) when I asked her grand-daughter how much she said "I think I'll stick with Nan,2 dollars" I was thrilled!
It nearly killed me getting it in and out of the car but it's going to look  so cool when I get it planted up.
I also bought a lovely old picture of  Mary and baby Jesus,some vintage Christmas decorations, a nativity( with a sweet stable made out of a cardboard box by the old lady, which I will NEVER throw away!),a pretty vintage tea-towel,an oil painting, a brush and mirror set and a couple of little shelves for knick-knacks. All for the princley sum of 12 dollars! Yay! And I promise there will be pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment