Monday, September 5, 2011

Well, I successfully managed to resist my urge to op-shop last week. Almost. And I don't think this counts anyway because I wasn't on the hunt at the time...I found it while I was dusting and schjoozing the shelves at the op-shop where I volunteer yesterday, and because I rarely come across anything I like enough to buy while I'm there, I decided to reward myself for getting up early on a Sunday, helping my fellow man, etc. etc. and buy it.

Here it is


and how can I regret my decision now that I've got it home? It sits so nicely with this little display of German pottery...despite its Italian heritage. (I think it might be a piece of Bitossi: although it's unmarked, its base is typical, identical in fact, to a Rimini vase we have which I know is Bitossi) For more info on Bitossi click here.


I stand to be corrected  btw and still like it whether it's Bitossi or not...


Arrivederci e grazie per la lettura dei lettori bella x

Linking to Sophies 

15 comments:

  1. It's very funky Bitossi or not! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well since you were helping your fellow man and all... I think it doesn't break the no op shopping rule ha ha. It looks great with your other pieces.

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goes so well with your other pieces - you deserve a treat now and again!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. i used to volunteer in a charity shop, i'm seriously thinking i need to take it up again, esp to get the bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OoOohh Very lovely purchase! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Consider it all part of your charitable work for that day. You know it would have been calling to you and putting you off your work until it sold, so really as a good volunteer you had no other option! It looks great with your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting info on Bitossi. Your post made me think of a vase we have, so I went to get it. Had to hunt a bit and found it stuck up on a kitchen shelf, behind some papers. Shame on me.

    Anyway I read up on the Bitossi site and couldn't say whether ours is one or not, as it has similar markings but without the distinctive B. It's attractive anyway and deserves to be seen so I will clean it up (bit grubby at the mo) and put it in the sitting room.

    I took a photo so you can see:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/58801150@N00/6115667230/

    Enjoy your vase Kylie - of course you had to buy it and bring it home! No regrets allowed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colour in that vase, I have lots of mustard love at the moment, melx

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great find, looks fabulous with your other pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You definitely deserve the vase after helping out...and on a Sunday too. Enjoy it, and well done for your restraint in the week, I'm rubbish at the whole restraint thing!! xx
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks fabulous with the others, and was totally meant to be yours - one of the perks of the job! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it ;-)) reminds me of those big base lamps you used to get in the 70's. Enjoy it ;-)) dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice find Kylie, and very, very restrained of you to only bring one thing home this week, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Glad you found something you love, I would have thought working in an op shop you would get to nab all the great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I reckon it is Bitossi. It looks great! I love it an it goes so well with the rest of your 'stuff'

    ReplyDelete