Friday, September 16, 2011

cute...

sweet old-school sewing project

***

such gorgeous colours and they were made in Australia.

atop Marcia Bedspread (think: "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!") available to buy soon.

***

"Lazy Addie will you get up?"
my big girl and our (equally lazy) loyal hound

***

Adelaide (again) and a trio of Mary's

I wonder if the water in the Lourdes bottle really is holy? It could be ordinary old tap water for all I know...hmmmm...if someone was tricking surely they would fill it to the top...or would that be too obvious?

***

not so cute...

have you ever seen anything like this before?
it's a Tasmanian Early Settler Apple Doll

(yes. that's Lucy Violet in the background)

A face only a mother could love!


"there is none other quite like it"...is that a good, or a bad thing?

Here's a pic of her sister

She's the pretty one in the family! B****! That's why she's famous and lives in the Victorian Museum...pic from and more info here

Honestly, these are scary dolls...the stuff of nightmares!
Not what I'd choose as a memento of a lovely holiday in Tassie, that's for sure...give me a tea towel any day...

***

Have a lovely weekend x







18 comments:

  1. Bambi on the apron is so sweet.
    And lucky puppy dog on the quilt. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That apron is so sweet! I love the curtains in your daughters room. That doll is creepy and reminds me of ET.

    Em

    ps: So I guess I should say thanks for my new dress ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like sweet dreams and terrifying nightmares rolled in to one post - clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap! I picked up a Mary like your middle one, this week. PLUS I live in Tasmania PLUS Bambi was the first movie I ever saw at the cinema....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahah, laughing at Lucy's comments above. She's right you know. Loving the apron and loving, even more, the curtains and lamp shade in Addie's room! Have a brilliant weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like Addie's bedroom - it's like stepping back in time - even the postcards/photos stuck on the wall. Talk about nostalgia. But the black faced doll is terrifying. Complete nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a bit scared by that doll. What a bizarre concept.

    Little apron's cute. Little girl's cute. Puppy ... he's also cute.

    Love your little bloggus.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the apron... not so in love with the scary dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the coat hangers, and made in Australia as well! That's a find on two counts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the apron - so pretty. Not so sure about the apple doll ... very unusual!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving those cute plastic coat hangers! lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're a Mercedes girl! Well, we had brown shoes and a maroon uniform... oh and we were miles away from anywhere so school started an hour later! Want to take a guess?

    Btw, I love addie's room! The curtain material and the purple flag banner thingy (its probably not called that) is adorable!!!

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  13. That apple doll is hilarious! Love the coathangers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Kylie, think I am going to have nightmares tonight! Lol. Very ummmmm, intersting doll you have there. The apron is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeeek! Scary dolls! Although would be a good tool to get kids to behave, "be good or i'll get the doll out the box...." ;o) I love the cute apron, so sweet :o) Scarlett xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mwhahaha! That apple doll is genius, never seen anything quite like it. And to think you chastised me for the terrifying dolls on Ebay ;-)

    Actually, have you noticed any strange behaviours manifesting now you've got it? Children refusing to get out of bed in terror perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  17. EEK! I came over here to say 'thank you' and you've given me nightmares. Thank you so so so much hun for your lovely words. I'm now going to trawl through all the posts I've missed and oooooh and ahhhh over your lovely purchases!
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, I have to agree with you, those are scary dolls! The apron is really cute though!

    ReplyDelete