Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last night I blew away the cobwebs and dusted off my sewing machine (and I do mean that literally) and I made this...


Taa-daa!

Yes, it's a tea towel tote bag.

(and it's even toting something!)


Here's what it looks like at the back


Pity it's up-side-down...


As I said yesterday I am NO sewer and I do realise that many of you would think it's a bit cheeky to call this sewing, but I am thrilled with the way it turned out and let's just say that it wont be long before I have some Suzie Stanford-ish reupholstery of my very own to show you! Ha!


Oh what a seamstress!


It would be really lovely if this has inspired you to make your own tea towel tote. The Curlypops tutorial really is easy...the hardest thing about the whole process was threading the needle!
Please show and tell if you decide to make one I'd love to see.

And finally for your viewing pleasure(?) here's today's t.towel

an oldie but a goodie!




9 comments:

  1. Well done you - looks fabulous!! Once i get a sewing machine i'll def give this one a go - it needs to be easy though. Todays t-towel is def a goodie :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kylie you've done brilliantly - I'm so impressed and I love the towel you picked to turn into a tote - clashes with the red in the best way possible! High street shops would try to charge you £15-£20 for something like that and you've made one yourself, I'm feeling all inspired!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it's sewing, Kylie! It's really beautiful.

    Just wanted to let you know that, yesterday, Mr J and P set fire to - not deliberately (so he says!) my favourite tea towel dating from the 70s (mad purple and green flower design). I'm suffering from deep trauma as you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous tote and completly unique, well done on making a wonderful bag xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool! Love the red straps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea to showcase you favorite tea towel. I have like a pile of them under my sink. I must make use of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fab Kylie, I absolutely love it! Well done. Might have to give it a try myself. Although I'd have to find a teatowel without holes in it first. I'm afraid my collection is sadly utilitarian.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw your link on Tania's blog..love your tote, it's way cool :)

    x

    ReplyDelete