Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The postie has been busy in these parts over the last couple of days... he has delivered two lovely parcels both of them addressed to me! Yay! Want to see why I did a happy dance when I received them? Dumb question. Of course you do!

My kitchen will be certainly be alot brighter with the vintage goodies I received from Tammi at little poppa as part of Stella's Vintage Kitchen Swap. Here's the parcel of loveliness she put together for me


inside were two fabulous vintage tea towels to add to my collection, a Pyrex casserole dish and the most beautiful Dottie Angel inspired apron Tammi made especially for me from vintage fabric all by herself! (you've done Dottie proud Tammi) The apron is so special it deserves its own pic

blue sky and the most gorgeous apron (ever!)

It was a lovely swap, thanks Tammi x.

Btw Stella is also having the most amazing give-away to celebrate her blog's 2nd birthday at the mo...you can win 
100 (yep, that's ONE HUNDRED!) customised postcards. Stella will design them specially for the lucky winner. Fingers-crossed it's me, but it could be you...just click here to enter.

My other parcel was my give-away prize from Laura...she's determined to get us all cooking and look, she succeeded...

baking bits from Laura, lemon curd and cream butterfly cakes...yours truly.

Laura's prize came all wrapped up in a vintage pillowcase with the prettiest card, from the 70's I think...


And while I'm on a food bent you really should try Ingrid's Laksa it is soooo easy and soooo yummy. This is what mine looked like

Annabel would like it for dinner again tonight!

x







 

21 comments:

  1. just popped over from England to say hi, saw your name on Tams blog.
    I have been over to Perth a couple of times and have friends there.
    Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your very lucky two parcels! I love the apron and the teatowels. Those cupcakes look divine! I finally got that parcel from the US so the postie treated both of us this week.

    Em :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delicious post! you are so productive and this post is so beautiful. so glad you are baking and loved the card, picked up a few from rummage and knew that one had to be yours. that apron is just gorgeous, love that photo of it. have a wonderful week, you deserve it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at Lemon Curd Butterfly Cakes but the Laksa has tipped me over the edge! Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Kylie, you've made me all hungry now, and I'm all but eating over the sink to avoid crumbs at the moment! (Someone coming round for a viewing in a few minutes). Those cakes look lovely, and your staging is worthy of a proper cook book.

    What a fab idea for a swap as well - I can just see you in your gorgeous apron x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have a rumbly tummy in the style of Winnie the Pooh! I may have to get out my baking bits this afternoon to satisfy it, those butterfly buns look divine! :-)

    What gorgeous gifts, Kylie! All so beautiful and thoughtfully chosen and you know what? They're very well deserved!! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am hankering for something sweet...would so love to bite into one of those cakes :)

    So glad you like your little parcel. I think I need to make me an apron now.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute towels and cooking! Who could ask for anything more? Oh, seconds? Yes, you'd better whip up another round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The apron is simply wonderful. So clever - I love these recycled vintagey bits.

    And your nosh all looks delicious - I am sooo hungry right now and drooling....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gifts and oh my loving the apron :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a collection of envy-inducing loveliness! I have 2 charger plates with the same design as the Pyrex casserole dish - would you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that picture, beautiful! the postie delivered a really heavy big spanner here today...for Mr D....poor postie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little cakes are just perfect. You are also right about the card being from the 70's - I remember those so well. Ita really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, the apron is gorgeous, and the butterfly look yum.

    I have passed you the versatile blogger award if you would like to accept it and pass it on :) Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you lucky duck! What wonderful parcels! I have three trees full of lemons and you have reminded me that I should make lemon curd...but I am not sure if it keeps?
    Did you get my long email? I am writing heaps of emails lately, and getting no replies. Either my stuffed internet if more stuffed than I think or...I cannot bear to think that EVERYONE is ignoring me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LAKSA!!! Have you been to Singapore? You have got to try the 'penang laksa' in the Katong area! It'll be the best bowl of laksa you'll ever have (beside yours of course)!!

    x Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some great gifts you've got. What a talented ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You lucky lady have won the giveaway at our favourite things!! Yey!!! Email us your address..favourite_things@btinternet.com and we will get it on it's way!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ahhhh so sorry i just deleted your email with your address!!!! eeeeee!!!
    Please resend :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh, wow! that apron!!
    good luck in the draw now, girl!!!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete